Thursday, July 24, 2014

Summertime Storms

It's a stormy day.  Rain is pouring.  Thunder is roaring.  My dogs are having panic attacks.  You know, the usual.

The weird part is this is the first stormy day in a long time that I haven't wanted to sleep the day away.   On the contrary, I've actually been a bit productive.  I washed both beds' sheets and remade the beds.  I cleaned the microwave (best I could until my back started spazzing out).  I unloaded the dishwasher and loaded the dishes in the sink.  I scrubbed the pots and the microwave plate.  All to find out that Mom won't be home from her boyfriend's until tomorrow.  Because of course.

It still hasn't totally sunk in that Holly and I have an apartment in Manhattan and we're moving in a little over two weeks.  That's just insanity.  But it's real and I have to get ready for the biggest change of my life.  I'm also still trying to wrap my head around the fact that my sister is coming with me, but that's a post for another day.  This is everything that I've been waiting for, but it's scary, so I have to find the rest I've been seeking so I don't absolutely lose my mind in all the craziness.  I think things like the fact that they found an apartment and got a signed lease in 48 hours is a sign that it's all gonna be okay.

Tonight is a Castle marathon in the recliner until I fall asleep.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment