Sunday, March 10, 2013

Home, where my love lies waiting.

Back to the grind.

I got back to my dorm about 2:15 today, and man, it feels good.

There's no doubt in my mind, this place is my home.  And it's even gotten to the point that Mom referred to driving me back to Campbell as "taking [me] home" today, so I'd say it's pretty official that I'm an adult or something now.

When did that happen?!

Truth is, it was nice to have a week break from classes and waking up at 6:30 in the morning and all that, but it's good to be back.  I've realized that I thrive on routine and school gives me that.  Plus, as I've said before, I'd rather be insanely busy and exhausted here than bored with nothing to do anywhere else.

This is home.  This campus is home.  My church family is home, and they're just a few miles away.  At least for the next 14 months, this is where I belong.  And it's a really good feeling to know that.

I'm really tired.  Daylight Savings time change (boo spring forward) + taking a muscle relaxer and sleeping pill at 6:30 every evening will do that to you.

I've spent quite a bit of time just cleaning up and unpacking and reorganizing my room.  I've talked to friends and just generally been pretty lazy, which I think I've earned since I got all of my Spring Break homework done over the past couple of days.

Revenge just ended (man, I love that show), and now I'm going to eat a snack and go to bed.

I am home.  And it feels good.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment