Thursday, November 1, 2012

It's been a really, really messed up week.

I don't know why "Tonight, Tonight" (by Hot Chelle Rae) is stuck in my head when thinking about today/this week, but it is, so there you go.

Today was a hard day.  I would love nothing more than to vent about why today was so hard and so frustrating, but I can't.  Or maybe it is that I just won't.  Mostly because a lot of why today was so hard had to deal with me figuring out that maybe I don't always make as good of an impression on people as I think I do.  And sometimes, I have to just keep my mouth shut.  I'm thankful that God's forgiveness for my messes never ends, and that He put people in my life who are willing to be brutally honest with me, because that's what I need.

It's November.  That's insane.  I typed out all of my due dates for my papers and projects and tests and finals, and I'm pretty sure I'm not going to sleep between now and December 10th.  But I can do this.  I always do.  And I'm feeling better now that I'm off that steroid, so I'm hopeful that I can only get better from here.

I voted today.  Woo.  I'm glad that's done and over with.  I love politics, yes, but more than that, I love that I live in a country where my voice matters and elections are taken so seriously.  It's something to be thankful for, especially when you think of how many people in so many countries don't have this right.

You know what's one of the best feelings ever?  (Well, okay, maybe only if you're a music nerd like I am.)  That moment when you hear a song for the first time, and you get goosebumps.  I don't know why this song gives me goosebumps, but it does.

Yes, it's Taylor Swift.  Don't judge.  I think this is her best record yet.



Another thing I'm thankful for:  When I feel like a big bundle of nerves and emotion, I can always find music that helps me feel better.  Sometimes it's Christian music, sometimes it's cheesy Taylor Swift, sometimes it's 80's rock, depending on the day/mood/situation, but they all have the same effect on me at the end of the day.  It really is the universal language, and something that never fails me.  I'm thankful I found my escape.

The first day of November, and I wrote about a bunch of things I'm thankful for.  That's fitting, I guess.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment