Saturday, November 10, 2012

Lots of intangible things.

My best friend making me feel better at 3 am like only he can.

A girlfriend letting me gush about the boy I'm crushing so badly on.

Butterflies and that giddy feeling that you wish would never leave.

NC State winning football for the first time in 3 weeks, thus securing their bowl eligibility.

Productivity, so I can chip away at my never-ending to-do list.

Focus, for the same reason.

The protection of our military. Happy 237th birthday, United States Marine Corps, from the granddaughter of a Marine Major Veteran.

TLC's 20/20 Dateline murder shows, for making me that much more grateful for my life.

Online personality tests that give me insight into who I am that I didn't realize I needed. (ESFJ, in case you were wondering. Look at the description. IT'S TOTALLY ME.)

The knowledge that tomorrow I get to go back to church.

Not having to leave my dorm room to eat.

The fact that laundry at Campbell is free.  ($3.00 a load, 3 loads a week, for 8 weeks at Georgetown was enough for me to be grateful for this.)

The knowledge that my self-worth lies with God and God alone.

The hope that God will bring me the perfect guy at exactly the right time, and the security that just because I think I'm ready for something, God might know that I'm not.

Those are just some of the things I'm thankful for today.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment