Wednesday, November 7, 2012

My Bed

Yes, that is a 100% sincere statement.

Today, I am thankful for my bed.

See, I didn't climb in bed until 3:25 last night.

I didn't fall asleep until somewhere around 4:00.

And then I got up at 6:30 to get ready for my 8:00 French  test.

In case you're as tired as me or just don't feel like doing the math, that's approximately two and a half hours of sleep.

Granted, I do not regret staying up to watch the election coverage AT ALL.  I will never forget yesterday.  (Yes, Vivielle, it is kind of like Christmas for me. :p)  But still.  Two and a half hours.  Not enough.  Really not enough considering how many medications I take.

So tonight, I am thankful for my bed.  I am thankful that after a very long day on little sleep, I have a big, warm, soft bed to sleep on in a safe, locked, concrete dorm room.  There are people around who don't have so much as a mattress to sleep on in a mud hut.  I take things like this for granted too much.

Good night.  I predict there's a very high chance of me sleeping from as soon as I get in bed straight through until 11:00 tomorrow when my alarm goes off.

I'll let you know the results. ;)

post signature

1 comment:

  1. Can I just say I love the fact that you set an alarm for ELEVEN O CLOCK AM? When I was in college I would set my alarm for like 11 or noon on the weekends and my parents always joked that it was crazy I had to set an alarm for NOON! They couldn't imagine such a thing haha. But you're a girl after my own heart. I'm sad to report that now, after working in corporate America for 2.5 years, I can't sleep past 8:30. Even on the weekends. Even when I've had little sleep. So sad. :-( I miss sleeping late - enjoy it for me!!

    ReplyDelete