Monday, November 19, 2012

Opportunities to Bless People

It's currently almost 2 am, and I feel like I'm on top of the world.

About 8:30 tonight, I got an idea for a "gift" I could send to six very special people that I won't get to be with during this holiday season.  Gee, I wonder who that could be, right?  It's for the Vespers, Caitie, and Kyla.  And then I spent the next five hours putting the whole thing together.  And it's official, I love love love the feeling of knowing that I can bless the people that I love with very simple actions.  In fact, doing this project tonight was doing something I love to do anyway, so it was kind of perfect.

I know this is vague, but I'm not saying what the gift is because most of them know about this blog, and I can't ruin the surprise! :)  I'll tell you what it is after I know they've gotten it.

But yeah, tonight I'm thankful that God puts the ideas on my mind for ways that I can bless the people around me because I truly do love the feeling it gives me.  As cliché as it may be, giving really is better than receiving.  At least for me, anyway.  I guess I'm also thankful for God making me the kind of person who enjoys giving things to other people.

Also, just for the record, I sat through my first NFL game tonight.  Taylor's kind of obsessed with the San Francisco 49ers, so I randomly decided to watch their game tonight to see why he likes them so much.  The answer? Because they're RIDICULOUSLY GOOD.  I also figured out why so many guys like NFL football so much - it's like college football x 100.

Okay, bed time!  Last day of classes tomorrow before Thanksgiving Break!  I'm leaving right after classes (assuming that Mommom will get here earlier than I tell her to get here, like she always does).

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment