Friday, April 1, 2011

Unapologetic

Being a teenager in this century comes with a lot of expectations.

Look pretty enough.

Be popular.

Have a boyfriend.

Wear the right clothes.

Do the right things.

Love to party.

And on and on and on...

Looking at this list, there's no wonder I'm such a "freak" by the standards of my peers.

I won't lie and tell you it's not hard to be who I am.  I crave being loved, feeling like I am truly wanted and needed and appreciated.  But here's the God's honest truth:

I'm not sorry for who I am.

I'm not sorry that I don't get wasted every weekend.  I'm not sorry that I'm waiting for sex until I'm with a guy who truly loves me.  I'm not sorry that I'm honest.  I'm not sorry that I care too much.  I'm not sorry.

This isn't my way of saying I'm perfect and people just need to deal with it.  Not at all.  I know I have many faults.  My issue is that the things people see as "faults" in me are the things that I believe should be desired and appreciated.  My honesty.  My kindness.  My empathy.  That kind of stuff.

I've spent far too long trying to be what everyone else wants and expects me to be.  That ends now.  God created me in His image, for a beautiful purpose.  If He loves who I am, why in the world shouldn't I? 

1 comment:

  1. A.M.E.N.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    "...do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.... Abhor what is evil. Cling to what is good." Romans 12:2, 9

    "Do not love the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world -- the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life -- is not of the Father but is of the world. And the world is passing away, and the lust of it; but he who does the will of God abides forever." 1 John 2:15-17


    The only label worth being concerned with is the Christian "label"... it's not an easy road, but it's the only one worth pursuing.

    ((((((((((((( hugs )))))))))))))))

    ReplyDelete