Saturday, January 29, 2011

Massive Change of Plans

That talk with Matt?

It happened tonight.

On Facebook chat. (Completely and totally romantic, I know.) 

A completely spur of the moment decision.  That I am so glad I made.

I told him everything.

And he rejected it.

BUT in the kindest, most gentle, loving way possible.

He said that he can't date me because to him, I'm his sister. He just can't do that.  And even if he could, he refuses to risk losing me because if/when the relationship ended, things would inevitably go sour because "that's what always happens with his exes" and he won't risk losing me and what we have for that. 

Also, and this made me laugh a little:  "I'm too innocent." :)  He wants to protect me.

So yeah, even though things didn't turn out exactly how I wanted them to, I can't stop smiling.  Because I have the most amazing best friend in the world, and I'm no longer hiding anything from him. 

I feel very loved by him, and very grateful to God for blessing me with a friend like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment