Thursday, January 13, 2011

3,724 miles.

I'm going to be 100% honest right now.  (Like that's much of anything different, right?)

My heart is in Liverpool.

I may be physically here at Campbell (and hooray for that!), but at the moment, my mind is not.  I want nothing more than to be back in Liverpool right now.

I miss the scenery.

I miss the weather.

But most of all, I miss the people.

The people I love in Liverpool have recently made it abundantly clear to me that sometimes distance has no effect whatsoever on friendship.  We may have an entire ocean between us, but they are some of my truest friends, and my world would be much darker without them.
My British family has sworn to me for the past two and a half years that if I ever do visit, I am staying with them, no questions asked.



This is Patrick ("Paddy"), Eleanor, Mum (Marie), me and Sara (there's also Chris, my dad) the day I arrived in July 2008.  I may have only lived with them for ten days, but they are my family. 

Eleanor and Sara are how I've always imagined sisters should be.
Mum treated me like her own daughter the second I walked in their (five-story!) house.
Dad was....well, he was a dad.
But Paddy was my brother, my protector, and my best friend there.


Day 1 and he let me wear his clothes! 

Of course, there are friends like Jay


and Chris ("Willow")


and Luke


and Dom and Patch


that are there for me, too.  Not once did I feel like a freak, an outcast, or a loner at the hands of these kids.    (The American kids on the trip, not so much, but it's whatever.)

I feel in my heart that I belong there. 

That's all there is to it.

University of Liverpool for grad school, anyone? :)


3,724 miles.

That's all that's separating me and where I feel I should be.

1 comment:

  1. Hope you get to visit there sometime soon. I know what it's like to be stuck where you know you don't belong. Your friends look nice!

    ReplyDelete