Wednesday, May 13, 2009

CT Scan tomorrow

UPDATE:
Silly me, I completely forgot the fact that the people at the imaging clinic can't read the scans. I'll get the results sometime by the middle of next week, I think.

Oh, and I got injected with iodine for the first time today. It's weird, I've had probably two dozen CT scans (at least) in my life, and they've never done that before. It wasn't bad, really. It just made me feel like my crotch was on fire. That was bizarre. Hahaha.

ORIGINAL POST:
This morning while I was getting ready for school, I got so dizzy and lightheaded that I just had to lay down, and I couldn't get out of bed for almost an hour. My mom spent all day on the phone trying to figure out what to do. My neurologist at Duke's PA called, and she said they really want me to get a CT Scan/Shunt Series and go up to see them, especially since this only started after I hit my head twice and it's been quite a while since we've been up there. So my grandma is taking me to get the scan done tomorrow morning, and then I have an appointment at Duke on June 3rd. (That worked perfectly since that's the one day my mom doesn't have to give an exam.)

So, uh, yeah. That's about it. Please pray that everything turns out okay with this scan, and I really am just an over-stressed, over-worrying girl. :-) I'll update you sometime tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Best of luck with the scan. Please give my regards to your mom and tell her she is in my prayers with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let us know when you get the results. I hope everything goes well!

    ReplyDelete