Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Catharsis

I hate teenagers. I really, really do. And it takes a lot for me to hate anyone. I don't hold grudges. I'm used to people at school talking crap about me, so it normally doesn't even bother me. But sometimes, it builds up to the point where I just break. That kinda happened today.

Today in homeroom, I was talking to the one kid in my grade that I actually trust, Chris. We ended up getting on the subject of how mean and cruel a lot of the kids we know can be. He told me that Friday in first period when I nearly passed out in the bathroom and the teacher came to help me, two kids, Brian and Kristen, started talking crap about how I was faking it for attention because I always want to be the center of everything and that I can make myself feel dizzy (yeah right). They even asked the girl who found me if she thought I was faking, but she ignored them.

Well, how fantastic was it that right after homeroom I had to face Brian in 4th period. *note sarcasm* I was fuming. He's been talking crap about me all semester and harassing me even though I don't bother him. ever. I don't talk to him. I don't initiate any contact. And Kristen's had a problem with me since I was 5, so I knew she hated me, but this year she's never been particularly hateful towards me. The first twenty minutes of 4th period I was still furious, but then I finally decided to just go up to the office and talk to a counselor. I really didn't know what I should do. I started explaining eveerything to her, and I just unexpectedly started sobbing. She went and got an assistant principal, Mr. Bailey, and they were soooo nice. They reassured me that I just didn't deserve this, and that they'd take care of Brian and Kristen. And the counselor called Chris up there and heard him tell it, just so I had some proof to be on the safe side.

I don't really know what they're going to do, but I'm just relieved that they were on my side. Nobody in my school has any idea what I go through every day just to be able to make it through my classes. They don't even try to get it. That's why I don't talk to anyone really. And then they tell me that I think I'm better than them just because I'm quiet. And if I talk I'm being annoying. It's just like I CAN'T WIN. No wonder I get along so well with people that are like 3 years older than me. And I always have.

So needless to say, it was a rather cathartic afternoon.

1 comment:

  1. Good for you for going to the counselor instead of just waling on Brian! I'm sorry you have to go through so much. Here's hoping that college is a MUCH more positive environment!

    ReplyDelete