Monday, March 3, 2014

This feels good.

Today, I finished the JFK biography paper: 3,367 words and 10 pages.  Granted, I only had one page to write to finish it, but you know, I finished it.

Then, I took a break to eat a sandwich and immediately got to work on gathering sources for the event paper - on the Bay of Pigs.  In about six hours of work, probably less than that considering breaks for food or because my hips hurt or because the Wolfpack game was getting really close (a comeback win, yay!), I have 6.5 pages and 2,153 words written.  This one has to be 10 pages, as well.  I plan on working on it a little bit more after I eat this bowl of soup Mom brings me, but I doubt I'll get it all done tonight.  Mostly because I think I'm going to have to find a couple more sources to get it to ten pages, and that will take effort to find something I haven't already said.

But still.  To have one paper done, and to know I'm close enough to have the second paper done tomorrow which means the second of my three incompletes will be taken care of?  That feels good.

Turns out, getting into a grad school I've dreamed of going to is pretty good motivation for me to do work :)

Then will come the beast that is my 20-page French paper (in French!)...but we won't think about that right now.

I'm going to think about how good progress feels.

And how good a Wolfpack win against Pittsburgh feels.

And how good this soup is going to feel on my scratchy throat.

Good night and good luck.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment