Sunday, March 30, 2014

Rough weekend.

So, uh, fair warning, stop reading now if you're not up for hearing some very personal and somewhat gross details.

The past few months, whenever I've gotten my period, I've had a day where I've thrown up.  I don't know why or what changed.  My periods have never been easy (I was on birth control for 4 years to get them regular), and they're always super painful (apparently that's related to my thyroid being taken out, hormone issues), but this whole throwing up thing just started in December.  But it was always just one day, and didn't last the whole day, so I just dealt with it.

So when I was throwing up yesterday, I figured it was just that.  Period issues.  My friend Zack brought me a soda to help settle my stomach (thanks to Mom for the tip) and I was eating pretty normally by dinner time.

This morning when I woke up, I still felt quite off, so I just tried to eat a piece of bread and drink some water...That didn't work.

The problem with me throwing up everything and not being able to eat is that my blood sugar starts dropping.  So I literally laid on my bathroom floor for hours until Isaiah and Zack brought me more soda so I could stay sugared and hydrated.  I even was throwing up the soda at first (yes, I was drinking it slowly and only in sips), but eventually that quit.

I finally managed to get off the floor about 5:00 and take a shower.  It's amazing how even more amazing a shower feels when you're sick.  I still feel pretty awful, though.

It's been years since I've had a stomach virus that involved throwing up.

I really need to feel better.  Like, now.

I'll tell ya one thing, though.  Having Isaiah and Zack come over to help me out, and Franz who wasn't around campus offering to call some of the soccer boys if I needed him to, the little things like that can make you feel so, so loved when you're sick. :)

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment