Thursday, March 13, 2014

Be kind to everyone you meet.

For they are fighting a battle you know nothing about.

I learn more and more every day that there are so many more good people in the world than there are bad.

And for every mean person that I have to deal with who harasses me about things that they don't have the slightest clue about, I have five people who are by my side to lift me up and encourage me and tell me they're thankful for me.

Today had a lot of ups and downs, some unexpected anxiety, and more frustrations than I was ready for, but it ended with a guy that I've had several classes with share part of his story with me and talk to me about how he grew closer to the Lord through his own trials.  And then he went on to tell me that he knows God has something big for me in the future and that my resilience is going to help carry me there so long as I hold tight to my faith.  It was surprising and insightful and so heartwarming.

And in the middle of our conversation, he mentioned that some people in one of our classes had been saying mean things about me and my seizures, and that even though we don't know each other too well, he couldn't help but tell them how ignorant they were for making assumptions about my life when they'd never spoken to me.  So to see someone I've rarely spoken to over the years step up and defend me, it just reassured my belief that the heart of this school is a lot better than a few select groups might lead you to believe.

This is why I won't stop being nice to people...because they deserve it as much as I ever did, and they each have a story and trials and heartaches that I may never see.  A smile and a kind word is the least I can do.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment