Thursday, April 16, 2015

Good comes out of bad.

Once again, my body ruins an amazing night.

Two seizures while out at Murphy's with this crazy crew.


me, Holly, CH, CL, CL's friend J, the roommate, A, D, and D's friend L

But D and L, two brilliant nurses, took total care of me and kept me from getting hurt and keeping me calm while I felt sick beforehand and coming out of them afterwards. 

They and A came to the ER with me and Holly, where they proceeded to go into total nurse mode, talking to staff for me and making sure I was taken care of to their high standards. 

A, the quiet and reserved one in a very loud and crazy bunch, was so sweet to me the whole time, almost scared to touch me, but holding my hand whenever I asked for it. 

And D and L stayed long past when A and Holly left, only leaving when I ordered them out because because L had been awake for more than 24 hours and D was falling asleep hunched over. Even then, they still didn't want to leave, asking me over and over if I was sure I'd be okay alone before I shooed them away for their own good.

So even in the midst of feeling awful, even through my lack of sleep, I was filled with the recognition that I am so loved. It's baffling that people who have known me for a week combined care so much, not just because they're nurses, or because I'm their friend's sister, but because, for a myriad of reasons, they're my friends now, too.

I am lucky.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment