Thursday, September 12, 2013

My God's not dead. He's surely alive.

Oh man, tonight was awesome.

First, I got to have an hour of girl talk with my sweet friend Summer.  This is the first time we've gotten to spend any real time together, as we're both so busy that we've only seen each other in passing (usually in the library, since we both work there) up until now.  It was grand.  And we finally got a picture together!


She is, hands down, one of the best and most precious friends that I have made in my time here at Campbell.

We talked all the way until we got to work, where she had to go to the Reference desk, and I had to go up to the third floor for the tutoring center.

I spent the first two hours of my shift (7-9, actually a little more than that because I got there early), working with four different athletes on Algebra.  Two were guys, one of whom had me cracking up the whole time, and the other actually ended up working with another tutor because the two girls showed up and the athletics person had specifically told them to come to me, so I felt like I had to help them, but I still had to help him because the other tutor was stumped on some stuff.  It was tight time-wise, but still fun.  I like this job.

For the third and last hour of my shift, no one showed up at all, so when those two girls left at 9, I spent the next hour talking to the only other tutor in the room (the Wifi is STILL having issues, so a couple were in the computer lab with their students).  In literally less than 3 minutes, I went from introducing myself to this girl to telling her my whole testimony for Jesus.  And it turns out, she said she really needed to hear it because she's going through a tough time right now.  Try and convince me God wasn't in the room through that whole conversation.  (Not gonna happen.)  It's conversation like the one that I had tonight with my new friend that reassure my confidence that God really can use my messed up life for something awesome, something bigger than I can even picture.

We talked right up until the very minute our shift ended, and I walked straight from that into the computer lab to listen to Sanctuary.  This is, no doubt, my favorite time of the week.  And for the first time I think since the night I was there and got baptized, their entire set list was compiled of songs I'd never heard before tonight (including the one that tonight's title comes from).  I was tweeting lyrics from each that jumped out at me, because I wanted a reference to go back and look them up.  It was such a sweet hour, as always.  Only 9 more weeks until I'm there in person!!!

And then, I check my email after work to find out that my ticket to Austin in December is officially booked and paid for.  But get this.  Along with the forwarded emails of all the flight information, I had a private message from the ticket donor thanking me.  They just spent a few hundred dollars on me and then thanked me because "I gave them an opportunity to serve their God."  Seriously.  The body of the Christ just astounds me.

So this is my song tonight.

My God's not dead.
He's surely alive.
He's living on the inside,
Roaring like a lion.



post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment