Monday, February 13, 2012

I'll chock this up to girl hormones.

I just got text-yelled at by the College Dems president.  I texted her asking if we had an officer meeting on Thursday and if she had the details about the event next week.  I wanted to know so I could get the flyer for the event done by the officer meeting so I could give the other officers some to help me post them around campus.  Because I EXPLAINED to them all at the beginning of the semester that I am not physically able to post them all over campus by myself.  And they all said it was fine, and that they didn't mind helping me.  And a couple weeks ago, for our meeting last week, they didn't mind helping me.

But today I texted her asking if she had details (time/place) about the event next week because I'd like to have the flyers done before Thursday so I can give them some at the officer's meeting (if we even have one, since she never told me that, either) so they can help me.  I got an angry text about how I'm the Public Relations Director (yes, I'm aware of that, thank you, and I basically don't do anything because of your lack of delegation) and if it's going to get advertised, it's my responsibility not theirs and I need to quit asking them.

This girl KNOWS about my physical issues.

TWO WEEKS AGO she didn't mind helping me.

SO WHAT THE HECK IS THAT ABOUT.

And since my period is due in a week, I flat out just broke down and started sobbing.  I shouldn't have, I know I shouldn't have, but I couldn't help it.  Thank God for my mother.  Once I got her on the phone, she calmed me down, gave me just enough of the reality check that I needed, and made me laugh.  Then I posted a VERY vague Facebook status about it, and five people who responded made me smile and laugh some more.  :) Always a good mood-lifter.

Still.  Not cool, huh?  It's one thing to pick on me for being a nerd, it's another thing to pick on me for my physical issues.

Sigh.  I hope this is just hormones.  I hope I just cried because I'm way more sensitive thanks to the always fantastic PMS, and I hope she's just ill-tempered from stress or hormones or whatever. 

At least I have Castle to distract me.  Between this and the fact that I felt the effects of Water Aerobics WAY more today than in the past few weeks, I'm gonna crash hard when this show is over.

No comments:

Post a Comment