Sunday, February 19, 2012

When little things turn into big things.

Friday night, I tweeted a comment about how bad my acne is and that I wondered what it was going to take to get rid of it because I've already tried so much.

When I woke up yesterday, I had a reply from Taylor (from the Vespers) saying he'd "been there done that" and it took high powered acne drugs to clear up his face.  He said to text him about it, so I did.  His reply said he'd call me after rehearsal. 

Well, he never did.  But he texted me just after midnight apologizing because he just remembered.  No big deal, he got distracted, and it's not like it was an urgent conversation.  He said he'd call me today, so we figured out what time and such, and he said he'd set a reminder so he didn't forget this time. :) 

Yes, he called almost exactly when he said he would.  He told me about this medicine called Acutane that was like a miracle for his face, and seeing as he's not the first person to tell me about it it's making me seriously consider calling a dermatologist (if only I had the time to go see one).

Somehow, a simple conversation about acne medications turned into an eye-opening conversation about God, us, friendship, and so much more.  He said some of the nicest things anyone has ever said to me, and I learned so much about him that really helped me to understand who he is as a person.  For some reason, I feel a strong need to keep the things we talked about private (I know, me actually keep something private?! There's a change for you. :p) because it just feels really personal to us and he's a really personal and private guy.  Suffice it to say, that was a completely unexpected path for a conversation that only happened because of zits.   Haha! 

Those thirty-five minutes on the phone with him, sharing our hearts with each other as two friends just trying to do the best we can and honor God throughout it all, was just really...beautiful.  It made me remember just how lucky I am to know Taylor (and Bruno, Callie, and Phoebe, of course).

Don't you love when God surprises you?  I know I do. :)

Edited to add 9:52 pm: I just talked to Taylor again, and he said when he went to church this afternoon (they have a 3:00 service), his preacher talked about some of the exact same stuff we had talked about.  God was certainly up to something today, wasn't He? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment