Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Don't miss it.

Don't miss the moment where you can realize the impact of cutting something and someone out of your life.  You'll learn that maybe everyone else was right, maybe you really are stronger than you think. (a) day 1 no soda/caffeine. b) Landon and I are done, actually we were done as of a couple weeks ago -  he disappeared, and I can't take the back and forth anymore. I told him that I was deleting him if I didn't hear from him. I deleted him. He didn't come looking for me. I can only assume that's what he wanted and he just wasn't man enough to admit it.)

Don't miss the moment where you can push yourself to your physical limit.  It's the only way you can get better.  Water Aerobics is kicking my butt, but I can feel my muscles getting stronger.  Especially in my right arm, which is a miracle.  I have so much nerve damage on my right side that it's incredibly hard to feel any strength or much control of the muscles.  But this is making a difference.  It's awesome.

Don't miss the moment where you can shove all of those assumptions you didn't know you had made into the garbage for good.  People will surprise you when you least expect in the most beautiful ways, sometimes without doing anything at all.  I had dinner with my friend Gabe tonight, and I learned so much in that 45 minutes with him, about God, about family, about friendship, about who he is as a person.  I learned I had to drop that high school mindset I keep gravitating back towards FOR GOOD.  The good-looking, popular people can be my friend.  I have zero reasons to be scared of a guy who was nice enough to come out and sit and talk with me about people he doesn't know and experiences he's never dealt with.  But he has no idea how much he helped.

Don't miss the moment when you can feel God whisper, "It's going to be okay."  That's the moment that will keep you from losing your mind.  I haven't let on how stressed I've been about what's going on with Mom, mostly because I'd be repeating the same things over and over again.  That's a lot of what Gabe and I talked about.  By the time I left, I felt God telling me that no matter what these test results say, no matter what is going on, we can get through it.  He will give me the strength to help Mom in whatever way she needs me, even if that way is just to leave her alone.

Don't miss the tiny moments, the moments that seem like they probably won't matter.  Those are the moments that can change your life and change you for the better.

No comments:

Post a Comment