Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day

Mine was just a regular Tuesday.

But you know what?  I'm okay with that.  

I'm not gonna lie and say I don't have my moments, but I like my life.

There are some perks to being single.

I get to gush about crushes on boys and say I think someone's cute whenever I want to.

I don't have to feel like I'm obligated to spend time with anyone.

I get to want to be ALONE sometimes and don't have to feel sorry for it.

I don't have to factor anyone else into any decision I make.

Besides, I have friends that love me even when I'm ridiculous and hormonal and cry over nothing and angry and give them so many reasons not to love me, that bless me for no reason at all, that are there for me when I need them.  I have a Mom who loves me more than words, who would die for me, who's saved my life on multiple occasions, who teaches me every day how to grow up and what it means to be an adult.  Most of all, though, I have the love of a God who let His son die for me to save me from all of the evil in the world, who loves me even more than I can understand.

It's safe to say that my "love tank" is pretty full. :)

I have the rest of my life to find a husband.  I'm 19 years old, for crying out loud!  I have decades to get married and have kids.

And if I don't have decades, well, I'll be dead and in heaven, and the whole "being married and having kids" thing isn't really gonna make a difference.

Happy Valentine's Day, you beautiful people.  Remember this if you remember nothing else at all: You are loved.

2 comments:

  1. That's a beautiful Valentines Day post. You're loved too by your blog readers. :)

    ReplyDelete