Sunday, June 29, 2014

On the Mend

Well, today wasn't great, but it was better recovery-wise than yesterday, and for that, I am thankful.

I haven't wanted to sleep the day away, and I actually made it through both World Cup games (one going through 30 minutes of extra time plus penalty kicks), so that's progress.

But I definitely still have a long way to go.  I took a shower and then put a load of dirty clothes in the washer late this morning, and I thought I was going to pass out.  It's amazing how long a surgery on one small part of your body can continue to drain the energy of your entire body.

Another thing I am thankful for is friends who check in on me, particularly ones that I haven't gotten to talk to in a while.  Small things like that make me smile. :)

Also, I changed my computer background tonight.  I needed this.  When I get into my new place in NYC, I'm going to cover the whole twelve inches of it in Scripture, haha.  (No, there's no update on the loan situation yet, just thinking positive.)


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment