Tuesday, June 24, 2014

I scare myself when I look in the mirror.

I wish that were some profound, introspective comment about my character, but it's not.

No, what I mean is that I freak myself out anytime I see my reflection because there is blood in my eyeballs.  It's not just a bloodshot look, either; it's full-on, bright red, zombie-mode blood.  And it's only on half of each eyeball, which is even freakier.  And I didn't take a picture; I don't want to scar you for life.

Today has been very, very rough.  Every part of my body is in excruciating pain.  This has happened after some surgeries, but not all of them.  It absolutely sucks.

Also what sucks is that my doctor, even though he seemed okay with the fact that I would need heavier pain meds than most to deal with post-op pain, only wrote me 12 pills of a low-dose pain med with one refill.  Even if I take 2 at a time, it barely touches the pain.  Not cool.  I'm predicting he'll be getting a call in a few days.

I'm basically just in recovery mode hell today.  It's too soon to say if the surgery helped my headaches because I don't know if the pain I'm feeling is from a migraine or from surgery.  My mom did say she can tell my left eye is much straighter, though.  I'll know for sure how everything is when I go to my post-op next week.

That's all for now.  I remember almost nothing about yesterday, so I don't have many details to give you.  Good night.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment