Sunday, May 25, 2014

The day I'd been waiting for.

PARTY DAY!

Surprising, Mom let me sleep in until about 8:45 before I got up, ate real quick, and we all (us, Holly and Michael) dove headfirst into Mom's party panic mode.  We cleaned and cooked and organized and decorated and I cleaned some more (because nothing is ever clean enough in panic mode) and we finished just as the first guests showed up about 12:40.

From then on it was a whirlwind of amazing food, hostess duties, more food, talking, pictures, more food, laughter and more food.  Not as many people showed up as I had hoped or expected, none of my CU people could come which was depressing, but it all worked out fine (and I still got a hefty gift pile!).

You know me and pictures.  I got a picture with every party guest except for two couples from church who left pretty quickly and my mom's friend from New Bern who stayed the night.


















We were down to the "bare essentials party people" (as my mom called it) by 6:00.  We sat on the back deck until midnight talking.  And arguing.  There can't be any day in my family without drama.  But alcohol will do that to anyone, especially this weird freakin' family.  I won't go into the details here because we all screwed up, including me.

I'm glad the day finally got here.  The real end of the era.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment