Thursday, September 15, 2011

Choosing Joy

There are several reasons I could be mad about how today has gone.  But instead, for Sara, I'm gonna be grateful.

Grateful that I know a God who wasn't surprised about anything that happened today.

Grateful that I have a best friend who will spend 40 minutes on the phone with me when he has practically zero free time just to cheer me up.

Grateful that I have a professor who's going to deal with the guy who went off on me for no reason today.

Grateful that I have a full class load of work at an amazing university to distract me when my heart is heavy.

Grateful that I have real friends. finally.

Grateful that I am secure in who I am. finally.

Grateful.

It's pretty simple.

2 comments:

  1. Today I am grateful for you and your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes all you really need is a new perspective :)

    ReplyDelete