Monday, November 9, 2009

Good news and bad news.

Good news: I went to the doctor today.
Bad news: The doctor didn't confirm that I have a sinus infection, which would explain why my snot is green.

Good news: It's just a bad case of bronchitis, not strep or the flu, the latter of which could put me back in the hospital.
Bad news: It's a bad case of bronchitis.

Good news: I have medication and cough drops.
Bad news: I still can't breathe and am taking breathing treatments round the clock.

So yep. Just thought y'all would like to know that this isn't anything super serious. It's slightly serious simply because my immune system is still so compromised, but as long as I kind of quarantine myself and give this medicine time to work, I should be good to go. Oh, and I discovered something new today! If you get shots in your butt, they don't hurt! I had to get a shot of steroids because my doc didn't want to give me steroid pills because of my crappy immune system, and my mom said the nurse stuck all of a kind of big needle into my butt, and I didn't feel a thing! For someone who hates needles as much as I do, this is an important thing to know.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you have a diagnosis & new drugs - I was getting worried about you! Bronchitis is no fun though...

    I don't believe the butt thing at all - you were just delusional at the time. Needles - ouch!!!

    ReplyDelete