Saturday, December 27, 2014

The Day After

Considering my mom spent the better part of the past three days in the kitchen - because oh yeah, before the game last night, she made a huge meal of fresh seafood per Holly's and my request - she rightfully declared today a day of leftovers and no work.

Which became only even more fitting when we watched another movie after the game (The Other Woman is awesome) and then stayed up until 6 am reading Mom's old high school yearbook. (So many stories. I'd be dead if I divulged even a detail. Let's just say it seems like every guy my mom ever spoke to in high school was in love with her.)

After that I took two back-to-back breathing treatments and thus had so much Albuterol coursing through my system that I didn't fall asleep until after 8 this morning.

And somehow I'm the only one who didn't sleep the entire day away. Ha! But to be fair, Holly was incredibly hungover and Mom is about to leave (yes, at midnight) to take Holly to the airport in Raleigh because her flight leaves at 7 am and leaving at 3 am and getting back after 9 is a bad idea even for my serious night owl of a mother.

But I had a peaceful day. I watched the Duke bowl game (which they barely lost, boo), unpacked all of my stuff because I finally have a dresser in my room to store stuff for the next couple weeks, and just relaxed. I really hope I start feeling better soon because breathing is not supposed to be this painful only from an allergy attack.

Tomorrow, I have to get down to business on the papers I have to make up. I have 30 days to write 55-60 pages. I wrote 40 in six this spring, and twenty of that was in French. I'll be just fine. Just gotta suck it up and do it.

Tonight, I'm watching another episode of House of Cards, doing laundry, and taking a long hot shower.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment