Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Let the feasting begin!

Well, I may be sick, but that doesn't mean I can't enjoy the food that comes with holidays in this family.

Just like last year, my mom made two giant lasagna, one for tonight, one for New Year's Eve. So tonight, the house was alive.....with the smell of roasted garlic. Mmm mmm good.

Tonight wasn't great in family terms because, well, Chelsea is Chelsea and Chelsea doesn't change, but everyone besides her largely kept their cool, so it could have been a lot worse. And I was way too sick to get fired up.

And once she left, the whole night was lovely. I slept, Holly painted the bathroom, and Mom got most of her cooking done.

I woke up around 11:30 and we watched television and ate and they wrapped presents. Christmas Eve prepping is fun when you're expecting a 4-year-old in the morning.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment