Sunday, April 7, 2013

Sometimes I think God has a sense of humor.

You know what was one of the songs we sang at church today?  "Amazing Grace (My Chains Are Gone)", aka the exact same song I used on my baptism anniversary post just days ago.

We also sang "Your Love Never Fails", another song I learned at Sanctuary and have posted here before, that hit me particularly hard today because of the chorus: You stay the same through the ages. Your love never changes. There may be pain in the night, but joy comes in the morning.  And when the oceans rage, I don't have to be afraid, because I know that You love me, and Your love never fails.  That's a promise I'm holding on to tightly right now.

It was a wonderful service, as always, and I found the sermon very interesting, which was surprising since it was all about marriage, and I'm nowhere even close to that yet.  But I learned a pretty big lesson about Biblical submission that's always been a hard thing for this independent, raised-in-a-house-full-of-women type of girl.  I've got plenty of thoughts on it, but I just don't have time for it right now.

I don't have time for it, because the day completely got away from me, and I still have to create this bibliography to turn in tomorrow (that I really should have had done weeks ago but my professor is super understanding).  I did manage to get the 12-week "headache diary" filled out while at work tonight, which I will get in the mail to my neurologist on Tuesday and is the first step to getting my appointment at the Carolina Headache Institute.  I want to go ahead and get this bibliography done so I can hopefully get a decent amount of sleep tonight because tomorrow is a VERY important day.

The Vespers are finally coming back to Campbell!!!!! Vesper withdrawals are real, people.  I'm tellin' ya.  It's been a long seven and a half months.  I can't wait to give them their gifts! :)

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment