Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Weirdest Winter Ever

I don't remember the last time I saw snow twice in one winter.

Now, I've seen snow twice in two weeks.

There's about six inches outside.

Ice all over the roads.

An ice storm tonight.

Freezing rain tomorrow.

Constant threats of a power outage.

Campus is shut down entirely.

I'm not going anywhere.

Remember that ice storm that shut down Atlanta?  Yeah, that's now North Carolina.  It took my friend 7 hours to get home from work today when they let everyone out at like 12:30. Seven. Hours.  She said it's normally a 20-25 minutes drive.

The UNC/Duke men's basketball game, one of the biggest rivalries in all of sports, got postponed, and Duke is 8 miles away from UNC.  Campbell had a basketball game tonight, and the visiting team is spending the night in our arena.  Things are nuts.

On the upside, my Political Thought test got moved to Monday since we didn't have class today, which gives me 3 more days to get this reading done and prepare the essays.  Silver linings. :)

All for now.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment