Thursday, February 6, 2014

My mama needs prayers.

You probably don't remember this because it was so long ago, but back in May 2010, my mom landed in the Coronary ICU and ended up having a stent put in her heart to open up a majorly clogged artery (80-90% clogged; if it had hit 100%, she would have had a heart attack).

Well, she's back there.  And she's having another catheterization in the morning.

I don't have any other details besides that, honestly.  I just woke up to a text from her saying she was in the hospital and that she was having a "heart episode", but she specifically said she had not had a heart attack.  Then she texted later about the plan for the procedure, which thankfully her actual cardiologist will be doing instead of whoever is on call.  The catheterization, which is the procedure they did in 2010 that told them she needed the stent, will let them see if any repairs need to be done to that stent or if any other arteries are having trouble.

I haven't talked to her, but she also said that she can't get her pain under control (and they're giving her the drug doctors usually give ME).  So I've just been trying to let her rest as much as she can, and I know she'll text me or Mommom will call me if there's an update.

But yeah.  Nothing else happened today, so that's my post for today.  If y'all could be praying for her, I would really appreciate it.  My mama may drive me absolutely insane quite a bit, but I still love her more than anyone in the world, and it kills me to see her like this.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment