Sunday, May 23, 2010

Slowly but surely...

I'm getting more able to work with this scooter. It's still not very easy because I have to use my right leg to push myself up, and that leg has like zero strength. It will be easier six weeks from now when it's my right foot that I can't use and my left leg is able to do the pushing. But I'm doing my best.

I do have a shower chair and a waterproof cast cover so I was able to get fantastically clean this afternoon. Mom was just happy she didn't have to give me a sponge bath. ;)

And my grandma is coming to spend the day with me tomorrow because Chelsea still hasn't come home and I'm nervous about being alone all day when I still have so much trouble moving.

I tell ya, though...anyone who thinks that people recovering from surgery can't get exercise clearly has never had their feet operated on. The simplest of tasks (like getting to the bathroom) is absolutely exhausting.

Now...I think I'm gonna go back to sleep.

1 comment: