Sunday, August 9, 2009

Lazy days are wonderful.

Like today.

I have no idea if it's sheer exhaustion from yesterday, but I went to bed at 1 am, woke up at 9:30 to take my morning medicine, and went back to bed till 2:30.

WOW.

I love to sleep, but that's a lot, even for me.

-----

Tomorrow, Mom and I have to leave bright and early to go to Raleigh for appointments with my neurologist and my neurosurgeon. Nothing special or majorly important, really. They're just the last of my pre-college checkups. We're just lucky we managed to get both of them scheduled for the same day.

-----

The closer I get to this coming Saturday, the more scared I get.

But the way I see it - if both Holly and my cousin Dustin, both of whom COULD NOT WAIT to leave, were terrified at this point, it has to be normal.

Part of me is comforted by that.

The other part, not so much.

Oh well. I'll deal.

The cool thing is that last night I found two other freshmen girls on Facebook who are staying in my dorm. My dorm is technically not a freshmen dorm, and we're all in agreement that we gotta stick together. :) Sweet.

-----

Um, that's about it. Like I said, today I'm having a lazy day, so there's really nothing fascinating to report.

1 comment:

  1. I love the occasional indulgence of a lazy day... it's such a treat from time to time, it really is. Unfortunately, in order to have a true "lazy day", I'd have to duct tape the kids to the ceiling, I mean, uhm, they'd have to spend the day elsewhere, like at my mom's, etc, which doesn't happen unless we're out of town, etc. Shucks.

    LOL!


    But, there are days when I don't do laundry, do the most minimal amount of housework evaaaaahhh, and get the kids to cook, even KD/Kraft Dinner aka Mac & Cheese... it's not always ideal, but it's better than the breakneck speed at which life normally goes.


    Keep me posted on how your appointments go!

    ReplyDelete