Sunday, April 24, 2016

Seven Years

That's a long time, y'all, isn't it?

Seven years ago, I was a senior in high school.

Seven years ago was also when I started this blog.

And when I started this blog, one of the first friends I made was Mandy.

She is fantastic - witty, sarcastic, smart, friendly, basically freaking awesome.

Well, she and her best friend were up here in the city this weekend for vacation, and the stars aligned so we were able to meet up for a bit this afternoon.

It was so good. So, so, SO good. Exactly the break from life that I needed. I don't know the last time I laughed that hard. And as cliché as it is, it really was like meeting up with an old friend, because after seven years, you really do get a bond with people, even if it's just online. And her best friend Amanda is so amazing, we instantly clicked, too, and the three of us just talked and laughed for a solid hour and a half before they had other plans to get to go because they were leaving tonight.

It took us about fifteen minutes to actually say goodbye to each other because we'd say goodbye and then someone would say something hilarious and we'd get distracted in the conversation again, and on and on. That's the best feeling.

I'm so happy. I have about 40 pictures of us goofing off, but I'll just leave you with this one because a) we both look really good and b) no one needs to see all the other ones haha. Too much weirdness for one blog post.

Life is beautiful, and I was reminded of that today.


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment