Monday, May 9, 2011

I've become obsessed with Picnik.

Exhibit A? Because I was bored today, I made this:


Isn't it cute? :)  It's still a little crazy to me that I've known this kid for almost NINE YEARS. 

He came over tonight to hang out for a bit a) because we haven't seen each other since Spring Break and even then it was only for a short time and b) because it's Mother's Day and he wanted to come see Mom.  Definitely was a nice treat for her because she still doesn't feel very good. Poor thing. :(  Even better surprise, though, is Holly called to tell us she's coming home for the day on Wednesday.  She, Matt, and I might go to the beach. 

It's always nice to see Matt.  He makes me laugh harder than anyone I know.  Like this gem of a conversation: (We were talking about weddings because a guy we both know is getting married in a couple months.)
Me: You're gonna be in my wedding when I get married.
Matt: What do you mean?
Me: Like....a groomsman?
Matt: Ohhhh, cause I was thinking I could totally be a bridesmaid!  Wear a dress and everything.
Me: *busts out laughing* Uh, how about you wear a tux and just stand on my side? Cause uhh, yeah...

And when I recounted this conversation to Mom later, her very first response was "He totally would, too!" :D  We then decided he's going to be my "man of honor".  There's no one more appropriate for the job, seeing as how no one on earth is as close to me as he is.

I have to go to the orthodontist tomorrow. I'm praying he takes my braces off because I am tired of them.  The only reason he might not is because my gums are swollen but it's not my fault because the medicines I'm on make my gums swell, and I brush and floss regularly, but we'll see....I better go to bed now so I don't oversleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment