Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Being a grownup is hard.

I've never had a job before.

A paying job, at least.  I volunteered at the Habitat for Humanity store in my senior year for my graduation project.

Besides, my health was so terrible through all of high school, it just wouldn't have been possible.

I decided that this summer, I was going to get a real job and save up some money.

Well, I apparently failed to take into consideration the fact that my physical disabilities prevent me from being able to stand up all day, eliminating fast food or grocery stores.

The only logical option is an office job.  So this week I'm mailing out letters to a bunch of businesses in town in hopes that someone, anyone, will hire me.

Please pray that someone does!  I really, really need this to work.

3 comments:

  1. Praying for God to provide the perfect job opportunity!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Could you babysit? You have experience with Blake and lots of people need babysitters in the summer time when their kids are out of school. And it might be worth it to ask around, maybe some cashier jobs would let you have a stool or something.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are also tons of babysitting sites that really work! I won't name them here.. but just a quick google search would find them. :)

    Hope you find something.. that you love!

    ReplyDelete