Saturday, May 14, 2011

Because I can never have a normal problem.

I went to my family doctor Thursday because I have an ingrown toenail and Mom was afraid it was infected.
What started out a simple issue turned into a huge deal as soon as the nurse took my blood pressure.  She did it once, got a serious look on her face, and asked me if I was feeling dizzy.  I said no, so she took it again.  She asked me if I was sure, and I told her I felt absolutely fine, which was true!  She then told me she was going to get the doctor.  As she left, she told me to try to relax.  I looked at her and said, "I couldn't be more relaxed."  Which was also true. 

The doctor came in and took my blood pressure a third time, and then checked my heart rate.  Apparently, my blood pressure is ridiculously low, and my heart rate is ridiculously high.  Then she ordered bloodwork because to have my vitals and feel fine is odd. So now I have to wait till Monday for the results from that.
I'm just very confused.  My blood pressure often drops when my seizure disorder is acting up, so I know what that feels like, and I had and still have no symptoms whatsoever.

The good news is that it might be something as simple as my thyroid levels being out of whack, and that can be fixed by simply upping the dosage of my medication.  If it's not that, though, I don't know what it is, so let's just hope I have an easy problem for a change, eh?

In the end, no matter what is wrong, I can deal.  I always do.

No comments:

Post a Comment