So here I am to tell you how I am.
I'm crappy, to say the least.
- I had stomach troubles so bad that I was screaming and in what was the worst pain I'd ever experienced all last week and weekend.
- I had to drink hot Milk of Magnesia and prune juice (at the recommendation of my aunt, a geriatric nurse) twice.
- I got another headache on Monday as I was heading back to Campbell.
- Late that night, I took another ambulance from Campbell to Duke because I not only had a headache that was a 10 on the pain scale and a fever of 101. (I usually run 97 degrees to 97.5 Fahrenheit, so that was really high for me.)
- Holly met me there from Raleigh and stayed with me till Mom got there just after 2 am.
- I found out on Tuesday morning that my shunt had a staph infection growing in it, so I had another emergency surgery.
- I reacted to the super strong antibiotic they gave me; my face turned beet red, I rashed, and my fever spiked again.
- I had my shunt removed Tuesday afternoon and got an external ventricular device put in.
- I had to get a PICC line put in while awake.
- I continue to itch even though I'm not on that antibiotic.
- I still have severe headaches.
- The docs told me I have to go back on the antibiotic I reacted to because it's the only one they have strong enough to fight the type of staph in my brain.
And the icing on the cake of terrible situations? I had no choice but to take a medical withdrawal from Campbell for this semester when this happened . There was no way I'd ever get caught up since I don't even know when I'll get out of here. They first have to get rid of the staph infection, and then I have to have a week straight of clear brain fluid before I can get a new shunt. So we'll see.
I'll be honest with you. I'm really kind of mad at God right now. I feel like I can't catch a break. Wanting to be able to go to college was not too much to ask. As soon as I feel like I'm turning the corner, He throws something else that sucks at me. I hate it. It's not fair. I'm tired of my life sucking all the time. Now I have to move back home and live with Chelsea which is going to be toxic in its own way.
So yep. That's it. I may or may not blog much over the next while. However, I do want to say again thank you for your support, friends.