Tuesday, July 7, 2015

10 Reasons to Support The Anima Series

Well, hey there, Internet. I'm back from a week-long break from blogging that wasn't entirely intentional, but Mom was here for a week, so I had other priorities. But anyway, more about that later.

Today, I'm going to talk to you about The Anima Series and 10 reasons why you need to donate to their Kickstarter to help them go on tour. They have plenty of info listed on the Kickstarter page here, but I figured it might be nice for people who might consider donating to have reasons from someone who isn't directly involved with the project. Yes, I've helped them out before, but I'm 99% just a supporter. I've very rarely asked for financial donations for anything on this blog, but this is something that is worth it in my eyes.

So here's the deal, for those who may not know exactly what I'm talking about. The Anima Series is a YouTube ministry started by three guys named Jon, DJ, and Danny. They accidentally got sort of famous when their very first video "Who You Are: A Message to All Women" went viral online (yay 21st century). Since then they have two years and countless hours of their lives creating videos to teach people about God, encourage those in dark times, and spread the love of Jesus around the internet. They are based in Chicago and NYC, and this fall, they want to go on tour around the country to share their work and the messages of the Lord with new crowds. But considering they're all in their twenties and basically just started this on accident, they don't have the financial assets to fund this by themselves.

That's where Kickstarter comes in. It's been growing slowly, and if they don't get the full $7,000 they need by the 21st, they get nothing. And y'all, I would not even be writing this post if I did not really, really believe in what they're doing. They still have about $4500 to go, and I desperately want to see them reach their goal so they can make this tour as big and awesome as they can so they can reach as many people as possible in new places that may not know about them and that they can't reach from Chicago and New York. So here are my top 10 reasons that you should support The Anima Series and their Kickstarter.

1. They're not doing this to make themselves famous; they're doing this to make God famous. And those are my favorite kinds of people, I don't know about you. Everything I know about them and everything I've seen them do over the past two years has made it evident that they put in all this effort not just because they like art, but because they know it's for something greater than themselves.

2. They are grateful for every ounce of support they get. Long before they needed this monetary support, they made it crystal clear through their social media that the support they got from people was not unnoticed, and instead it was valued, and they made sure their fans knew how much they were appreciated. And now that they are in financial need, I can assure you that they are not the kind of people to just take your money. Not only do I mean that their Kickstarter has awesome rewards, but I know that they will thank you (more than once, in my experience) and let you know how much you mean to them.

3. They're ridiculously talented. I mean, take a look at any one of their videos and try and tell me they're not powerful. They really are very good at what they do, and I believe that's what they call a worthy investment.

4. They're not just talented. They're entertaining. The videos draw you in, and I can't imagine how much better it will be to see them doing what they do live and just a few feet away. There's no way this show will be a disappointment. I just know it.

5. They're great people. Granted, Jon is the only one I've met in person (and that afternoon is still one of my favorite New York memories, by the way), but I figure that a guy that kind, wise, funny, and personable is going to hang out with people who are just as awesome as he is. But also, I know that they're great people because they've devoted so much of themselves and their time to helping people they don't know, most of whom they will never even meet (which is why they are going on tour!).

6. Jon really is funny. Help them finance this tour, and you get to see him be a goofball in person. :)

7. Did I mention the rewards? Who doesn't like rewards? They have everything from beautiful calligraphy art from Jon's soon-to-be wife Erin to audio versions of some of their most popular videos to T-shirts to guaranteed VIP seating at any stop on the tour. If I had more money to spare, I would totally donate more to get some of this stuff!

8. I firmly believe that it's always good to help people if you are able. I've never had an experience where someone has asked for may help, I've given it, and then it turned out to be a mistake. I just think doing things to help others brings a different kind of light and joy to my life. It might do the same for you, as well.

9. They are really, truly helping people and changing this world for the better. From what I know they have done for me and my faith to the numerous messages I see written to them on their Facebook page, Twitter, and Instagram, this crew is making a powerful impact on this generation and in this time. And with all the devastation that has been happening lately and as broken as this world can be, don't you think we need more people who are just trying to spread hope and love and encouragement? That's what they're doing.

10. And last and also probably least, if you like snail mail, I will reward you, too! If you donate to their Kickstarter, I will send you a personal handwritten letter of all sorts of love and affection (depending on how well we know each other, of course). If you don't like snail mail, I'll send it to you via email, Facebook message, a series of elaborate Tweets, an Instagram picture, Morse code, carrier pigeon, however you like it. I don't even know Morse code. I WILL LEARN MORSE CODE FOR YOU. I'm that dedicated to this mission.

They have more than 9 million views on their YouTube channel. If just a tiny fraction of the people who know about them would give even $1 to their Kickstarter, this project would be funded so quickly and they could get the spirit of the Lord to new places and people who may be in desperate need of hope.

Their Kickstarter link, once again, is https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/theanimaseries/a-godless-generation-the-anima-series-tour. Please donate whatever amount is possible. Thank you so much for your consideration.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment