Tuesday, September 22, 2009

What's a sickness that's like strep but isn't actually strep?

Yeah, I can't quite figure that out, either.

But this morning I woke up feeling like absolute crap. So I went to the campus infirmary, and they saw me and checked my vitals, got some info on what was wrong, and told me to come back at 2:30 to see the doctor. I did, waited like an hour, and was finally seen.

The doc originally thought I had strep. He said I had all the symptoms, so I got a strep test, but it was negative, so my diagnosis was "a sore throat manifesting itself as a strep-like infection." Okay then. Antibiotics it is. He was going to give me something that was actually an anti-fungal medication that works for sore throats (I don't even know) because I'm allergic to Septra, which gives me a 30% chance of being allergic to Penicillin drugs which gives me a 30% chance of being allergic to something else I can't pronounce. But I told him about another drug I've been on for chronic sinus infections so he chose to give me that since I knew it would work.

Luckily, I ran into a friend who was there with her boyfriend, and he had a prescription that needed to be filled, so they took me to the pharmacy, less than a 10 minute drive but impossible for a girl without a car, and he took me back later to pick it up. Yay for new friends.

So yeah. That's what's up with me. I can't go to class tomorrow. I feel like crap. Good night.

1 comment:

  1. That sounds like my 2nd "not pink eye but manifests like pink eye" infection I've had this month... It's about to drive me over the edge.

    Sounds like we both need a break!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete