Saturday, March 19, 2016

Not Forgotten

I've been meaning to blog this all week, but needless to say, the past seven days have not been very kind to me. Better late than never, though, I suppose.

Last Sunday, I woke up in a bad state of mind. It's weird that that often happens on Sundays (not). But I was talking to my friend Steven after the service asking him to pray for a few things, and before I could even get into the details, he said something that hit me right in the gut.

"You know, I've actually been praying for you all week. I wasn't sure why, since it's been a couple weeks since we've seen each other, but God just kept telling me to pray for you."

I couldn't help but chuckle a little, because what else are you supposed to do when you hear God go "I haven't forgotten you, silly girl." I think that when it feels like so much negativity is piling up on me, it gets really hard for me to remember that God's still here and still faithful whether it feels like it or not. I'm so thankful that we serve a God who is not dependent on feelings. Imagine how messed up this world would be if that were the case!

I often struggle to remember that God isn't focused on whether or not I get angry or doubt. God is still the same whether or not I feel secure or am at peace. God is still paying attention even when it seems to me like he's not. It was shown to me in the fact that my friend knew he needed to pray for me even when he wasn't sure why. Steven didn't know anything was wrong, yet God told him to pray for me because God knew I needed it.

I've been feeling so overwhelmed lately, but it's stories and moments like that that remind me that God is bigger than I can ever possibly imagine. The details are not lost on the King of the universe.

Praise be to God.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment