Saturday, October 10, 2015

Valid

Being sensitive doesn't make you childish.

Being lonely doesn't make you pathetic.

Being concerned doesn't make you overbearing.

Being frustrated doesn't make you a bitch.

Having emotions doesn't mean something is wrong with you. Feeling something that is inconvenient for someone else doesn't mean you have to apologize. Whatever you feel, even if it doesn't make sense to other people, it's valid to you. So don't ever let someone tell you that you're messed up simply because you aren't giving the reaction they want or expect or say they would give in your shoes.

I run off of my emotions. Luckily for me, I have plenty of friends now who are either just like me or understand how my brain works enough not to be bothered by it. But my family, they just don't. It really doesn't make sense that my mom doesn't get it, because we are very similar in thought and anxiety in many ways. But any time I get upset, especially if I start crying, I'm automatically told that I'm overreacting.

I heard that I was overreacting so many times that I started to believe it. I started shutting myself down when I felt myself getting upset because I heard those voices in my head saying that I'm just being too sensitive. But I'm tired of that.

Being sensitive isn't a crime. Just because I'm a sensitive person, that doesn't mean that I don't have a reason for feeling the way that I do. So I'm not going to apologize if my feelings are hurt.


You want to insult me because you don't like what I'm feeling? That's your prerogative. But your choices, your words, they're not on me.

I think hiding away your sadness or problems or frustrations or anything else negative is such a waste of time. And not only is it a waste of time, it's exhausting. People want to know how I'm so good at being honest about my need for support from the people around me? It's because I spent so long truly having no one else to rely on, that now that I know that I have people around me, I would be an idiot not to use the support available. That's like emotional masochism, pretty much.

So feel what you feel. And own it. You are valid. You are enough.

The haters can go shove it. :)

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment