Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Next time, I'm just saying I have a boyfriend.

You know what's worse than one middle-aged cab driver hitting on you for an entire ride and trying to pick you up for a date even after he learns he's old enough to be your dad?

Answer: TWO middle-aged cab drivers hitting on you for an entire ride and trying to pick you up for a date even after they learn they're old enough to be your dad.

Both times, it basically started out with something in the conversation leading to the driver saying I'm smart, which led to him saying, "Smart and beautiful. Tell your boyfriend he's a lucky man."

I replied "Well, I don't have a boyfriend." The first time, I said it because I didn't realize he was going to continue hitting on me and ask me out. The second time, it was because I really didn't think this would be happening two rides in one afternoon.

This led to "You must be lying! How can a girl as smart and beautiful as you not have a boyfriend?" Then a bunch of stuff about how the guy that gets me will be lucky and they understood if the age difference was weird but they're available and maybe we could go out sometime. The first guy, when I told him he's old enough to be my dad, tried to blow it off as "oh, I didn't mean it had to be a date. We can be friends."

Blah blah blah. I couldn't get out of either of those cabs fast enough.

Holly told me that when they said I should tell my boyfriend that he's lucky to have me, that I should've just told them "I will" or "He knows". Next time I think I'm going with that advice.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment