Monday, May 4, 2015

Today was simple. And simply perfect.

 This is Manish.


And yes, that's also a mural of Albert Einstein holding a "Love is the Answer" sign in the background. I love New York.

He's the guy (Manish is, not Einstein) I've mentioned a few times over the past month, the one I met after that fight with Mom during that trivia night the week she was here.

The past month has been pretty hectic, so we finally got to hang out again today. On our first date, if that's what you'd call it, he mentioned wanting to take me to the Highline, which is basically this mile and a half long trail that covers about twenty block on the west side of Manhattan. So we made plans for today for a lunch of Mexican food (little did he know when he suggested this place that Mexican food is my favorite) and then a walk at the Highline. 

We were together more than three hours and every second of it was, in my eyes, absolutely perfect. And we didn't even doing anything spectacular. We ate and we walked and we talked about anything and everything and just enjoyed the scenery and weather and ate shaved ice and the most amazing ice cream sandwich ever created (because did I mention it was 80 degrees out today? PRAISE!). 

I got home and my muscles were shaking from all the walking but I was grinning from ear to ear because I couldn't even imagine that it was possible to be happier than I was today. The last time I remember being this happy was when I was back at CU with my soccer boys in January. 

And here's the thing: I don't know what the future holds, but I don't really even care because I just want to spend more time with him. It's so easy with us. There's never been any nerves or awkwardness. It just felt right. Like we've been friends for years, not weeks.

I've spent so long putting everyone and everything else first, that it's long past time I chase what makes me happy. So I'm going to do just that. And he, as far as I can tell, is part of that. 


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment