Friday, May 8, 2015

Today was not what I planned.

I planned to get up by 9:00, eat, take a shower, and write my first paper until either a) it was finished or b) I had to get ready for and go to work, whichever came first. Sounds peachy, right?

Well, I couldn't manage to get up until about 12:30 pm (for several reasons), and I ate some cereal and took a shower, planning to at least write a little bit before getting for work. And then I got dressed and went to put my bowl from my cereal in the sink...and almost collapsed. In the same feeling I always get when a seizure is about to come on. It makes absolutely no sense, considering I'd just eaten, but by some miracle, I managed to avoid another seizure this week, especially considering I was home alone.

There's been talk of work "letting me go" because of all my health issues (yeah, how that's legal, I don't know), so I called work and spoke to the assistant store manager and asked if I was going to get fired if I missed work today, and thankfully, she said no. So I didn't go to work, because I was afraid that if I did already feeling bad, I'd have another seizure like I did on Tuesday.

The good news is that by missing work today, I managed to completely finish the first due and longest of the papers I had left. What a relief. Then I took the rest of the night off since the other two shorter ones aren't due until next Thursday. I can do this.

I don't really want to, but I have to, and I totally can.

P.S. Thank the good Lord for friends who let me whine for a minute and then tell me to suck it up and get back to work. :)

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment