Thursday, December 17, 2015

Good news!

I got an internship! And at the place that I wanted!

January 18th, literally the day after I fly back to New York, I start at Advancing Human Rights, an organization that helps political dissidents in other countries and, well, you know, advances human rights.

I had the interview last week, and I knew from that point that I really like the people there and if they wanted me, I was going to say yes. It's such a chill environment.

The director had me call him yesterday and told me that they were really impressed by me and "We thought, 'Yeah, we'd like to hang out with this person,'" which cracked me up.

I'm super excited to get started there. I'm not entirely sure what I will be doing, but I know two facets will involve French translating (yay I get to use my French!) and proofreading, because they specifically asked me about those two things. AKA two things I'm really good at so thumbs up for that one.

I won't be talking much about it here on the blog because I don't want to mess up and say something that could jeopardize the work they do, I just want to post that I got it because I'm so happy. God is so good for not letting me get the internship this current semester, because then I wouldn't have gotten this one. I can't wait to see what comes out of the next few months.

When I thanked the director for giving me the opportunity, he said "No, we always thank our interns because you are gifting us with your time, knowledge, and talents, and that's the best thing you can give us." I replied, "Well, you're getting me to graduate on time, so that's the best thing you can give me." And I'm so glad I don't have to worry about finding one while I'm in North Carolina.

One more paper and I will be done with everything for this semester. I'm so ready for a break. I know the four weeks that I'm home are going to fly by, though, so I'm going to do my best to enjoy every second of it.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment