Saturday, December 19, 2015

Freedom. Sweet, sweet freedom.

At 3:06 pm today, I emailed in my second and final paper for the semester. (One more semester until I have my Master's. AH!)

I AM DONE!

And with my internship secured, plus all the Ph.D. applications done, I have absolutely no work to do for the next month.

Last Christmas break, I had all of those big papers weighing on me to make up from my shoulder surgery delaying everything.

Now here's just hoping I don't get sick and kill a bunch of time that way.

I shouldn't get sick, though. Because last year was so awful I ended up in the hospital, I'm just automatically going to Mommom's house and living at her house for the break. We're also going to Myrtle Beach for a week between Christmas and New Year's, so that will be fun.

The downside to being at her house is that she has no wifi. First world problems, I know. I could blog from my phone, but it's such a pain, plus that would use a lot of data, PLUS I cracked my screen a few days ago and am not sure when over break I'll get it replaced. So my blogging will be very scarce over the next few weeks, unless the place we stay at in Myrtle Beach has wifi. But I plan on keeping a journal and will come back and post anything blog-worthy once I'm back in the world of the internet.

I'm so ready to go home. Holly got to go back for a week this summer, but I haven't been back since last Christmas. I'm ready to see Mom again, and Blake! I can't wait to see how big he is now. I'm a little nervous about spending 3.5 weeks with that crazy crowd, but getting to Campbell is my light at the end of the tunnel.

Don't tell my family, but I think I'm more excited to see my people at Campbell than I am to see them.

Okay. Shave. Shower. Chill until my hair dries some. Sleep. That is the rest of my night.

I'm so happy.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment