Sunday, September 6, 2015

It's the most wonderful time of the year!

Nope, not Christmas.

FOOTBALL SEASON IS BACK, BABY!

Hallelujah and amen.

I may or may not have been counting down to this.

And let me tell you, one of the very few things I truly hate about living in New York is that I cannot see almost all of the Wolfpack games, save for a couple that will be on ESPN/ESPN2.

The good news is that I get almost as excited watching the live stats as I do watching them on TV.

Tonight was the first game, and yes, we start the season off with fairly easy non-conference opponents, but I still absolutely love every time I see my boys dominating. We beat Troy (a school in Alabama) 49-21 and it was just beautiful. Every win is beautiful.

Our QB, redshirt senior Jacoby Brissett (Jacoby for President!) went 21 for 23 for 196 yards and 2 touchdowns.

One of our stars, sophomore tight end/full back Jaylen Samuels, got a hat trick by the third quarter.

Our most popular running back (by far), junior Matt Dayes, had two touchdowns and hit a career high of carries and rushing yards.

There was a ridiculous sack of Troy's QB by junior Dravious Wright.

Junior Jumichael Ramos and grad student Benson Browne turned their first career catches into touchdowns.

I loved every second of it.

This is the team that went from 3-9 in 2013 to 8-5 (including a bowl bid/win) in 2014. I cannot wait to see what 2015 has in store for my boys. Jacoby is being highly regarded as a possible Heisman Trophy candidate, and if that happens, my Wolfpack boys could shock all of college football.

One Pack, One Goal.

I believe in the power of the Pack.


"For the strength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack." ~ Rudyard Kipling

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment