Saturday, June 20, 2015

I'm engaged! Or something.

Tonight I hung out with Christian and his girlfriend Tara for a little while. We were meeting at Spiegel. Tara got there way before Christian did because he was running late, so we had a lot of time to just sit there and talk and get to know each other.

Spiegel's two walls facing the street are just glass, which is great for people watching. Tara and I were sitting at a table up against one of the walls.

In the middle of our conversation, I spotted this guy walking towards the glass by the bench outside and bending down, so I thought he was just stopping to tie his shoe out of the way of passersby.

Except then he tapped on the glass.

I looked over, and he was down on one knee, motioning like he was opening up a ring box, pointing at me and blowing kisses.

I immediately looked over at Tara, and we both busted out laughing.

I looked back, and he was still doing the same motions.

I still couldn't stop laughing, but I blew him a kiss just for fun and he smiled big and then got up and walked off.

Stay weird, New York.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment