Saturday, October 27, 2012

Keep Your Head Up

How is it that I can work basically all day and, after midnight, feel like I've barely made a dent in my to-do list?  Sigh.  That's just so frustrating.  It'll get done, though; it always does.  I feel like Dory in Finding Nemo "Just keep working, just keep working, just keep working."

Yeah...don't ask me how my mind works the way it does.

Add to that the fact that NC State lost to the Tarheels today, which ended our 5-year football streak, and the probable rainstorm coming from Hurricane Sandy, and it's all just sort of a blah day today.

On the upside, tomorrow is Sunday which means I get to spend the morning at church, and even better, the pain in my head finally seems to be responding a little bit to the steroid.  Here's hoping it only gets better from here.

So, in summation, lots of homework, an exciting (albeit disappointing) football game, laundry, and a headache.  Sounds like a pretty normal Saturday to me.

I'm really, really praying everything keeps moving in the right direction.  I'm gonna need all the help from God that I can get in order to get all of this work done.

Just keep swimming, just keep swimming...

This is a song that Kyla recommended to me on Tuesday, after Taylor recommended it to her.  It's not my usual style, but I really like it.  It's one song I've been playing repeatedly this week.  It's a good reminder - keep your head up, and keep your heart strong.



post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment