Wednesday, July 13, 2011

I didn't know this could happen in the summer.

The pleurisy pain, y'all.  It's back.  Hardcore.  And what I mean by I didn't know it could happen during the summer is that the two other times I've had it, it was winter and really, really cold and doctors told me it was a reaction to the cold because 30 degrees hurts my lungs badly.  So now that it's back in the middle of July, I'm confused.  But honestly, I'm also laughing about it because when has my body ever operated as people expected it to? ;)

It's whatever, really.  It's annoying, but I deal with it.  I force myself to move around even though it hurts, so it's not like it's a hindrance.  My mom, however, did say that I'm walking like a 90-year-old woman because the pain keeps the muscles in my side from working like normal so I kinda hunch over.  Just bring me a cane and call me Grandma, y'all. :p

Oooo, and also major good news in the soccer world: USA is in the Women's World Cup finals!  We beat France 3-1, which frankly was a miracle considering for 2/3 of the second half (and it was 1-1 at halftime) our girls acted so passive, like they had no idea what they were doing, and France completely outplayed us.  I guess the Soccer Gods were on our side. :D 

After our game, Mom and I watched the Japan vs Sweden game.  I absolutely had to root for Japan because Sweden was the only team that beat us in the group stage, and that kept us from winning our group, so I totally wanted to keep them out of the finals.  Mom, on the other hand, was rooting for Sweden for the exact same reason, because she wanted us to have the chance to get payback. Thankfully, Japan brought some amazing skills to the table, despite being the underdog and having the shortest average team height in the tournament  at 5'4" (while Sweden had the highest at 5'8").  They ended up beating Sweden 3-1.  Japan better BRING. IT. on Sunday. Hahaha.  (France and Sweden play Saturday to determine third place.)

Now, if you excuse, I think I got about 4 hours of sleep (maybe 5) last night because I was hurting so badly (thank you Mom for holding on to your painkillers).  And I actually had to wake up today for the games.  With that said, hasta luego, my friends.

P.S. Just in case you were curious, don't ever let a sumo wrestler sit on your collar bone. It hurts. :p

No comments:

Post a Comment